Friday, 13 January 2017

Crafty Gal update (08.03.2017)

Good afternoon bloggers!

A very belated Happy Happy Crafty New Year to you all.

Last year was my most crafty year ever. I started Project Life in May and worked on this in various formats most months.

I also did some travel albums, birthday, Easter and Christmas albums.

I took some online classes by Shimelle, Mercy Tiara and Inkie Quill. I've never taken classes before and I absolutely loved them. I didn't know how I would get along as I am definitely "a do things my way" kinda gal but I made many new layouts and am still working my way through the classes.

I reorganised the storage of my 12x12 papers into a cropper hopper basket on my desk and I've really used alot of papers I might not have otherwise used. My stash is all stored by theme as I almost always craft by theme. However, I found that I was forgetting about lots of my papers and the new system is working very well.

I invested in some new tools last year. My Canon Selphy printer is amazing and very convenient for Project Life. I bought a small guillotine trimmer and I now use that for all my trimming other than cutting down 12×12 sheets. It's great because there aren't any blades or cutting channels to replace. I also bought a fuse tool and am looking forward to using that after having practised with it a little bit already.

I am planning on a no spend 2017! Whilst my stash is not the biggest stash ever it is quite healthy. The reason for my no spend plan is that I really do enjoy using my stash and I think I will get a real kick out of being able to create throughout 2017 using stash purchased prior to the start of the year. I would like to create my own embellishments and really make a dent in my stash.

My crafty year started well with one of my layouts from last year being featured in Issue 104 of Papercrafter magazine.

Thanks for stopping by.

Helen xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment