Sunday, 17 April 2016

I love Cath Kidston! (17.04.2016)

Good afternoon bloggers

I created this layout today for Shimelle's weekly challenge to use numbers. It has taken me all week to come up with an idea for a layout as I just couldn't think what to do. However, when I was ordering my latest Cath Kidston skirts for my birthday treat, I suddenly thought I could do a layout based on my Cath Kidston skirt collection, which is rather large!!

As with all my projects, I try hard to use neglected stash as well as new stash and this layout fits in well with that ethos! 

I am particularly pleased to have used my Quickutz metro alphabet and skirt dies. I have had those for years and barely touched them! 

I also like to try and use new techniques and writing my journalling directly onto the layout is a brave step for me! This is, of course, influenced by Shimelle who does it with ease. My use of washi tape is also influenced by Shimelle. I confess to not really getting the washi tape thing before but now I can't get enough of it!

The 12x12 background sheet is DoCrafts Lovely as is most of the washi tape. I think the camera washi tape came from The Works. The 6x6 numbers sheet is from a basic grey cupcake pad from 2008.

The dimensional stickers are Pandoro Hobby Tilda and were an Easter gift from my mum so they are very new. The rub ons are Renae's House and I've had them for a long time. The badge is Cath Kidston. The pearl gems came from The Works. 

The heart die cut, Core'dinations red card and bubble sticker came from my stash.

I used my Amy Tangerine and October Afternoon rotary phrase stamps with an Impress Poppy Red dye ink pad. I've written the journalling using a Grant Studios La De Dah glitter pen.

I've used my Xyron sticker maker and my new Xyron mega runner as well as silicone glue and foam pads.

Thanks for looking. 

Helen xxx 

3 comments:

  1. Where did you fine that darling sewing machine? Love the layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came on a sticker sheet that my mum gave me, not sure where she got it, I'll have to ask her. It's fabulous, isn't it??

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete