Friday, 4 March 2016

The Little Island (04.03.2016)

Good evening bloggers 

The Shimelle week 5 challenge to use maps or globes as a theme got me thinking. I knew I had a chronology globe stamp so that was a starting point. The first thing to mind would be a holiday layout but then I remembered my photos from when my friend Claire visited in October 2010. All visitors to the Isle of Wight have to pay a visit to the island shaped paddling pool at Ventnor, it's a must do! Of course, this also covers the map as well as the globe idea.

It's quite a busy layout as, once I started, I just kept going with adding things! It was quite a stash busting kit, too, as I used lots of things that have been in my stash for a long time.

The 12x12 background sheet is Papermania Docrafts Happy Days. The red photo mounts are from a 6x6 mini deck Cosmo Cricket pad from 2009 called The Boyfriend. The Travel Notes journalling sheet is Papermania Docrafts All Aboard and the ribbons and Best Places to See tab are the same collection. The shaped tag is a Kaisercraft Seaside Collection journal tag.

The Isle of Wight shaped stamp came from eBay. 

The button brads are Hot off the Press.

The anchor is recycled from a set of string lights. 

Most of the wood veneers are Studio Calico. The beach hut is from my stash. 

The lobster and metal embellishments are from my stash. Most of the other embellishments are from my stash and some came free with magazines. 

I have used Stazon inks in Midnight Blue, Blazing Red and Saddle Brown.

I used the Amy Tangerine rotary phrase stamp and the mini alphabet stamp is Hero Arts Printer's Lowercase from 2002.

The globe stamp is from a Docrafts Papermania Chronology set that came free with a magazine. 

The ribbons are Crafts Too Vintage, My Mind's Eye and Docrafts Papermania pastel blue floral. I have also used bakers twine.

I also used Rangers glossy accents and my mini stapler. 

The journalling has been done with a Gelly Roll Red Star pen.

I have used double sided tape and silicone glue. 


Thanks for looking. 


Helen xxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is a lovely layout - loving all the different elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous..so much to look at

    ReplyDelete