Friday, 11 March 2016

Static Boy (11.03.2016)

Good afternoon bloggers

I have done another layout for Shimelle's online crop from last weekend. This is for the circular challenge.

My Elvis is known to have a bad fur day every now and then and this photo shows his static after being brushed the other day!

The 12x12 background card came from my stash and it's not marked with a design name or manufacturer. I thought it looked like static! 

The photo mount is scrap card and I trimmed it using my Woodware Victorian blade, which doesn't usually get much use!!

The title chipboard letters are My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus from 2009. After watching Shimelle's video, I was inspired to use a large title. These are the largest letters I have and I originally intended to ink them in silver. However, when I placed them on the page I really liked the look so went with it. I was short of a couple of letters so trimmed others letters to create the ones I needed. I then inked the edges in sliver to match the others.

The chippie brackets, scalloped piece and curved arrow are from my stash and I inked the arrow in silver. The straight arrow and heart wood veneers are Studio Calico. The silver dot is cardboard and recycled from a box.

The camera and Perfect Moment banner are from my newly purchased My Minds Eye Jubilee Sherbert “ Peace ” chipboard element set.

The star badge is Cath Kidston. The striped gromlet is from the WRMK Summer set. The red glitter brad is from my stash. The blue button is the newest item on the layout from a button set that my mum sent me this week.

The stripe and chevron embroidered brads are Docrafts Papermania Happy Days and the flower embroidered brad is V&A.

I used my Amy Tangerine rotary phrase stamp and my new October Afternoon Daily Flash Catchphrase "Everyday" phrase roller stamp. I also used my Trodant office date stamp. 

I used Crafters Companion Silver spray and shine. 

The inks used are Distress Broken China and Encore Ultimate Metallic Silver.

I used foam pads, double sided tape, a tape runner and silicone glue.

I adore this photo of Elvis and am really fond of this layout. It is going to be framed on the wall, for sure.

Thanks for looking. 


Helen xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment