Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Remote Control! (02.03.2016)

Good afternoon bloggers

I saw the MercyTiara’s 27 Day Scrappy Challenge to use some stash that I have been hoarding so I had that in my mind when I came up with the idea for this layout.

As first, I couldn't think what I might use, as I don't generally hoard my stash. I do like to see fabulous things put to use.

However, this 12x12 CherryArte Arcade Retro Realm background sheet from 2007 has been in my 1950s themed stash box for some years. It sprung to mind when I was printing photos and realised that I had similar photos of my pooches lying on the sofa with the television remote control.

I don't think I would have expected to use it in this way but that's the delight of a challenge. We have to think outside the box!

I also spotted the furry leopard print paper and I have definitely had that for a long time! The price tag tells me it cost £1.40 for an A4 sheet. The glittered leopard print card is also precious. I am so pleased to have finally come up with a project that makes use of these special items.

The violet card mounts are from Core'dinations Reminisce. I love this set so much that I bought three packets when I first discovered it and it's still my favourite. The Quality Time topper is cut from DCWV The Mod-Retro stack, another all time favourite.

The pooch themed stickers were sent to me by my American friends a few years ago.

The heart gems and glittered bones are from my stash. I absolutely love the glitter bones! The House paper clip is Webster's Pages. I love paper clips! The chippie circle is from my stash and I've stamped it with the Paw stamp from Bladerubber using a mini Versacolour Violet ink pad,

The mini alphabet I used is Studio G series 4 and I stamped this using a Brilliance Archival ink pad in Moonlight White. I also heat embossed the title using white embossing powder.

I also used the Amy Tangerine rotary phrase stamp with the violet ink pad.

The adhesive used is silicone glue.

I absolutely loved doing this challenge and this layout came together completely in about an hour.

Those who follow my blog will know that our precious pooch Billy passed away in January (Billy is in the photo at the bottom of the layout) and it's very painful for me. However, crafting is helping me get through this and it's another way to remember him. We still have our precious pooch Elvis bringing us joy every day (Elvis is in the photo at the top of the layout).



Thanks for looking,



Helen xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment