Sunday, 6 March 2016

Ice Cream Bliss (06.03.2016)

Good afternoon bloggers

I am continuing with Shimelle's online scrapbooking weekend and was quite excited to see the Gallery inspired frames challenge for a scrapbook layout. I love framing my layouts and have many of them displayed at home so this is my inspiration for this layout.

I purchased a fancy frame from The Works sometime ago and I knew straight away that it would form the basis of my layout. I also purchased a pack of small polaroid frames from The Works on Friday so I have used those, too. Perfect timing!!

The 12x12 background sheet is Core'dinations Nostalgia. This card pack is a staple in my craft stash but I don't dip into it very often. 

The ice cream themed layered stickers are K&Co Citronella Ice Cream grand adhesions and I actually finished the pack for this layout so it's a bit of a stash busting layout, too! The ice cream brad is Creative Imaginations. All the gems and ribbons are from my stash. The coolest thing ever cut out is from DCWV The Mod-Retro stack. 

I have used the Stazon Cherry Pink ink pad to ink the edges and to stamp the I Scream stamp. I also used this ink to stamp Something Sweet using the Amy Tangerine rotary phrase stamp. The I Scream stamp is from the Woodware Ice Cream Parfait clear stamp set. I used the Gelly Roll Red Star pen for the Date and Location. All these items have been in my stash for quite some time.

All the chipboard pieces came from MME Just Sayin’ and MME Jubilee Sherbert “Peace” packs. The cards are from the Sn@p Simple Stories Life Documented Day to Day card pack. These are the other new items purchased on Friday. I really looked through these new purchases to find pieces to use on my layout, and that's not something I usually do, as I almost always craft by theme. They are all so lovely that I wanted to start using them straightaway! 

I used double sided tape and a tape runner for the non sticky items.

It's another busy layout as I just kept going with it.


Thanks for looking, 



Helen xxx

5 comments:

  1. Cool take on Shimelle's challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! i hope you don't mind if i scraplift your layout. i am struggling with this challenge and i truly like your take on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. No I don't mind at all, I hope it helps you, H x

      Delete
    2. Thank you. No I don't mind at all, I hope it helps you, H x

      Delete