Monday, 22 February 2016

Rock n Roll Ruby (22.02.2016)

Good morning bloggers

I hope you all had a lovely crafty weekend. I've got three unfinished layouts in my craft room all of which I started to put together over the last few days. However, when I saw the new weekly challenge from Shimelle this morning, I knew I had to give it a go!

The challenge is monochromatic using your favourite colour.  My favourite colour is red red red, always has been, always will be!!

I looked through my photos to see what I could find and I came across some photos from a Rock n Roll dance at Christmas time in 2013. I was wearing my red taffeta silk party dress and instantly came up with the title Rock n Roll Ruby. A great rock n roll song and I particularly like Johnny Cash's version. This song was spinning around my head as I created the layout.

The red theme goes well with anything Christmassy, of course, and if you can't use glitter at Christmas, when can you?

As the challenge is to just use one colour, I thought it would be a good idea to have several red mounted photos filling the space and telling the story thereby I didn't have to add too much else. Having said that, I can always find red embellishments, but I already had in mind the red gems from my stash and really wanted to use those as they are so glitzy and could be rubys!!!

The 12x12 background sheet is Doodlebug Design Inc. ladybug daydream. I'm pretty sure I was sent this paper for having a layout printed in Scrapbook Magazine so it was free. The red glitter card came from Tesco a few years ago. I bought loads in the January sale! The red card used for the photo mounts is American Crafts Primaries, a more recent purchase.

I was going to use the red card for the background and the glitter sheet as mounts, but when I started putting the layout together, I preferred the look of the glitter card as the background.

The red card under the title is from my scrap paper stash. The alpha stickers are Docrafts Papermania. I sprayed the title with Crafter's Companion spray and sparkle gold as it just needed that extra something.

The fabulous gems were given to me by my aunt. She brought them back from a trip to Vietnam.

I have used Docrafts Stick It silicone glue adhesive for everything on this layout, nothing else works when glitter is involved!



Thanks for looking.

Helen xxx


1 comment: