Sunday, 7 February 2016

Sticking Together (07.02.2016)

Good morning crafters!

I've not been here in a long while! Life has been hectic!!

I didn't think I would ever craft again after losing our dog Billy on 7th January. It was sudden and unexpected and I've lost interest in most things that I usually take pleasure in.

However, I saw the selfie layout challenge from Shimelle Laine and something clicked.

We still have our precious dog Elvis and my husband, Elvis and I are sticking together to get through the terrible pain of losing Billy.

It was a very hard layout to create and I shed many tears but it's a start.

The brown 12x12 background card is American Crafts Primaries. The heart paper is American Crafts Dear Lizzy. The alphas and post its are DoCrafts. I have used my Trodant date stamp, paw embellishments from my stash, Gelly Roll pens.

I took a great selfie with Billy in January last year at our favourite beach. This was the day my husband went on to break his leg hence my absence from blogland!

We went back to Yaverland beach with Elvis three weeks to the day after losing Billy and we took a family selfie through our tears.  It's not easy to take a selfie with Elvis and it's a bit rubbish but it's very meaningful to me and I treasure it.

He left his paw prints on our hearts forever more.

Helen xxx

1 comment:

  1. Aww, my family and a number of friends of ours also lost our canines to sudden passings this last fall and winter. The pain is really amazing- and for me it was a bit of a surprise to feel SO MUCH. Dogs can be such small animals and yet, a huge gap is apparent when they are gone... I really enjoyed reading your admission of not feeling crafty-we all go through that I think- and the layout is completely cherishable. I even teared up when you mentioned smiling through tears for your selfie... Welcome back to blogland <3

    ReplyDelete