Monday, 15 February 2016

2006 Cutie Pies (15.02.2016)

Good afternoon bloggers

Today's layout is once again for the weekly challenge over at Shimelle. This week's challenge is to create a layout using both old stash and new stash. This is perfect for me as I consciously do this for all my projects anyway. I do like the satisfaction of using something that's been around a while but, of course, I love getting new goodies, too!

I keep all my crafting stash stored by theme so old and new stash is always together. I tend to always scrap by theme and this way I can choose what I need from one place so nothing gets forgotten.

My layout is titled 2006 Cutie Pies and features photos of my dogs from when they were puppies. We lost Billy in January but we remember him daily and Elvis still brings us joy. It's funny because Billy's photo was taken a week before the photo of Elvis and I can see how grown up Elvis had become even after just one week.

Almost everything on this layout is old stash and particularly all the pooch related items as most of those came from a scrapbook kit sent to me by my American friends for Xmas 2010. The new products used are the ribbon which is Crafts Too Vintage, the tags which are Docrafts Papermania Bare Basics eyelet tags and the glitter alphabet and number stickers which were a recent gift from a close friend.

The 12x12 background sheet is Amy Tangerine Sketchbook. The journalling card is a Docrafts Daisy & Dandelion Hawthorn & Bramble notelet.

The inks used are Tsukineko Encore Ultimate Metallic Gold and Ink it Up Kelly Green pigment ink. I used the gold to stamp the images. Penny Black Butterfly Surprise stamp and VivaLasVegas Dog on Fence stamp. I have had both these stamps for many years and purchased them originally as they resembled my pooches. Billy loved chasing butterflies. I used the green to ink the edges of the tags.

I used a Gelly Roll Metallic pen in green for the journalling.

The string is recycled.

The adhesives used are double sided tape, raised dots and silicone glue.

Hope you like my layout.




Thanks for looking.

Have a great week.

Helen xxx

3 comments:

  1. Cute doggies, and a cute page. Can you post your pages in a bigger size - it's hard to see all your lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, oh I'm not sure how to post them bigger but will try, Helen

      Delete