Friday, 18 July 2014

Scrap365 August Sketch Challenge - Blue Smoke World Tour (18.07.2014)

Hello bloggers

Well, it's been a while since I was here! My baking has gotten in the way of papercrafting
again lately, not to mention Rock n Roll, but an unexpected free day yesterday was not wasted!

This is my interpretation of the August sketch challenge over at Scrap365 magazine.
scrap365.blogspot.co.uk It's a lovely sketch!

I have been taking on this challenge quite regularly this year and find that it gets me
crafting when I might not otherwise take the time out to do so!

I was lucky enough to see Dolly Parton in concert during her recent World Tour. I
originally saw her in 2008 and was thrilled at the prospect of seeing her again! Of
course, she didn't disappoint. She trotted about the stage and belted out those songs
like a young 'un!

I love her music and I love her attitude to life! Did I mention that I had VIP tickets?!!

I chose the colours based around the colours of her tour brochure. The theme is kinda
cowgirl, of course! Yee haw!!

The 12x12 background sheet is DCWV - The Mod-Retro Stack.

The yellow slightly smaller overlay sheet is recycled floristry packaging.

All the other card and paper is from my scrap paper stash.

I have used red ink to stamp the alphabet and ink the edges of the alphabet stickers and
blue ink to alter the hashtag.

The tag is recycled altered packaging. The musical notes tape is Crafts Too. The brown alphabet stickers and butterfly epoxy are Paper Boutique. The red stamped alphabet is Studio G series 4.

The wooden hashtag is Studio Calico. The blue musical note is from my stash.

The blue pastel ribbon is Papermania. The rope is recycled.

I have also used gems, brads, glitter brads, stars and the wooden cowgirl boot from my
stash.

I used my Crop-a-Dile on the brads. I also used Crafter's Companion Silver Spray &
Shine on the VIP TICKETS and NOTTINGHAM tags.

I used silicone glue, double sided craft tape and foam pads.

I am really pleased with the result. The entire layout is made from items that have either
been given to me, recycled/altered or been hanging around for a while.

I am quite pleased with the handmade rope lassos! I also slightly altered the wooden Cowgirl boots by adding glitter brads.

I am also attaching a copy of the "Dolly" layout I created in 2010 from the time I saw Dolly in
2008. This was one of the first layouts I ever created and was my first ever 12x12 layout.

Thanks for looking!



Here's the sketch:-

Dolly in 2008:-



Keep crafting,

Helen xxx

7 comments:

  1. I love your layout, the colours are great x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is really cool, and so lucky to have seen Dolly in concert! Awesome stuff! Thanks for joining our challenge this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work. My mum and I were supposed to go to Dolly's concert this year but unfortunately she was unwell and we didn't make it. I'm sure you enjoyed it.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap365 this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wohoo, you're back! So lovely layout!
    Thank you so much for joining us at SATW! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! What a cool page you created, thank you so much for joining Scrap 365 challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen this is fabulous and how lucky are you??? I saw Dolly on the telly at Glasto and she was fantastic! Hope you are going to find the balance between baking and scrapping...lovely to see you here again, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful layout, thank you for playing along with us at scrap 365!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete