Thursday, 31 July 2014

CSI - Case File 132 - Yorkies Café


Good afternoon bloggers!

Well, I hadnt planned on being back so soon, but whilst browsing over at the CSI blog I spotted the current challenge and just had to give it a go!

http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-132-case-closes-on-august-3-2014

The colours are amazing and the food theme fits perfectly with my trip to Skegness last weekend for a rock n roll weekend.

I have Coeliac disease and it is always challenging trying to find gluten free food to eat whilst away from home! I struck gold this time with Yorkies Café! I had a gluten free burger in a bun and with chips, as well as a scone with jam and clotted cream! Wow!! I look a bit bleary eyed in the photo and the lovely grub was a much needed pick me up after late nights of dancing!!

The Scheme: I have used all the colours. Light Blue, Light Chartreuse, Medium Brown, Pale Yellow, Cherry Red

Evidence: food accents, string, ribbon, punches, pour something (tea pot and the 3D glaze), floral pattern

Testimony: Journal about food, Inspo Words: eat

The 12 x 12 background sheet is Coredinations Nostalgia. The photo mounts are from the Serif Picinc in the Park 6x6 paper pack. I have inked the edges in red ink.

The food related signs/tags are Kaisercraft and the Kiss the Cook chippie is K&Co. The alphabet stickers are Jillibean Soup. I have stamped SODA onto the eraser using brown Stazon ink and the Studio G mini alphabet stamp set. The date stamp is Amy Tangerine and I have written the date using a Gelly Roll pen.

The floral patterned flower is Crate Paper Pretty Pink and I have added a button from my stash of vintage buttons.

The Burger and Soda Glass embellishments are erasers.

I punched a hole in the strawberry tag and added an eyelet using my Crop-A-Dile and some yellow ribbon from my collection.

I am particularly chuffed with my idea to tie rope around the cutlery and the erasers are great especially as I purchased them with crafting in mind (as always!).

I have used silicone glue, double sided tape, foam pads, Anita's 3d glaze (on the  baked fresh! sign), Crafters Companion Spray & Shine over the journaling and Spray & Shine Silver on the delicious, Tasty Treats and Good Times signs.

This layout once again features lots of items that were either free or given to me and items that have been hanging around for a while or have been recycled.





Thanks for looking

 

Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment