Saturday, 21 June 2014

Cakes by Helen gluten free Isle of Wight


Good evening bloggers!

I had hoped to pop onto my blog much sooner than today but time has run away with me recently!

What a glorious mid-summer’s day it has been!! Happy Birthday to my lovely mum!!!

I have been in a somewhat scrapbooking wilderness for the last few weeks so what a fabulous day to get going with it all again!

I have created a “Cakes by Helen” layout for the July Sketch Challenge over at http://scrap365.blogspot.co.uk/p/challenge.html. I usually like to be first off the mark for this challenge each month, but somehow time passed me by this time! Too busy baking cakes, I guess!!

I have been thinking about doing a plum coloured layout for quite a while. It just somehow seems to fit perfectly with the cake/summer theme!!

When I first saw the challenge, I was a bit stumped as to what to do for the background section, which is probably why I procrastinated! I have however been wanting to make my own texture paste for some time and have never used a stencil before, so it didn’t take me too long to figure out what I wanted to do!!

I have my little rules for creating layouts! Weird, I know!! I always like to try something I haven’t done before and I also like to use something from my stash that has been hanging around for a while or has never been used! Simple rules and they work for me!! The texture paste ticks a couple of boxes, at least! A new technique and handmade, too! Not to mention, fabulous!! I don’t think I have used the stencil before! The chippies and ribbon have been in my stash for a while, too!

The 12x12 background card is WRMK Plum Sewn Cardstock. Isn’t it just lovely? The other card is from my scrap paper stash. The Mixer chippie is from Kaisercraft and the Cake Tins and Apron chippies are Nana Loves by Jennifer Ellory. The Bunting chippie is Sweet Treats by Kirsty Wiseman.

The metal stencil is Papermania Henbury Lane “Teacups”. I have used the Studio G Series 4 mini alphabet set and the Stampendous Retro alphabet set.

The ribbon is all from my stash and mostly recycled. The buttons are vintage from my collection. The flower button is from a haberdashery shop. The wood veneer hash tag is by Studio Calico.

I have used Brilliance Moonlight White and Versacolour Violet ink pads. I also used a Purple Star Gelly Roll pen to give a double inked effect to the title. I made the texture paste myself from a tutorial on Pinterest.

I have used low tack tape, double sided tape and silicone glue.

The photos are various cakes and bakes from the Cakes by Helen kitchen! I have Coeliac Disease and all my baking is gluten free. I supply gluten free bakes to tearooms on the Isle of Wight.

I am rather pleased with the layout and I hope you like it, too!
 
 
 

Rightyo, where’s my apron? Back to the kitchen I go ……..  !!

 Helen xxx
 
 

4 comments:

  1. So glad seeing your work again! Lovely layout, how clever topic!
    Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Scrap365 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me hungry :), thanks for joining SCRAP 365 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet page! thank you for playing along with us at scrap 365!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! The stencil work looks great and it's fab you've had a go at a new technique! The plum colour really is lovely too, I don't use it enough! Thank you so much for joining in the Sketch Challenge at Scrap 365! x

    ReplyDelete