Sunday, 11 May 2014

CSI Challenge 122 - House Martins

Good afternoon,

I have been busy this week with my cake business,  but I found time to do some crafting, of course!

When I saw that the latest CSI challenge involved two shades of green and orange, I knew it would have to be a nature theme. I straightaway thought of our orange/white classic car in the garage, as it currently shares the space with the visiting House Martins!! Black and white are always good colours to work with, too!

We always get House Martins in May and they always show interest in rebuilding their nest in our garage.  We are not sure whether they raise a brood but they always spend alot of time swooping in and out of the garage at this time of year!!

The 12x12 background card is DCWV The Mod Retro Stack. I have also used white card and free papers and embellishments from my stash. I used orange raffia, orange Card Candy, eyelets, ribbon, Bubble Shapes, Studio Calico wood veneer shape, WRMK metal brads and some sticker tags. I used my trusty date stamp and the classic car stamp is from www.stampo.com.

I also used a pencil for the car smoke and a black fine liner for the journalling.

I always find the CSI challenge quite challenging as it is hard to work with a set colour palette. It's even harder to have to follow a sketch, too! However, I am really starting to enjoy doing them and am sometimes even quite brave in my choices! I don't always have time to do them but when I do, I enjoy the challenge very much.

http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/categories/csi-case-files/listForCategory

The Scheme - I have used all the colours, black, white, orange and two shades of green.

Evidence - flowers, metal, ribbon, something transparent, cursive font, circles, tags, leaves.

Testimony - handwrite story in cursive.

I found the cursive font to be very interesting. I had to research this on the Internet and hadn't realised how little cursive writing I actually do in this modern age! I do still write letters so am no stranger to handwriting but it's actually quite hard to achieve fully joined up writing consistently and it took me several practice attempts to get it right!! It was all the more challenging as this was the only part of the Testimony that I could use on my layout!

A new challenge make for a very interesting life!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks!


Helen xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment