Monday, 5 May 2014

CSI - Case File 121 - There's a place called Home

Good afternoon bloggers,

Well, I am making the most of the bank holiday today by crafting! My morning was taken up by creating a layout based on the latest challenge over at http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/forum/topics/case-file-no-121-case-closes-on-may-11-2014

I love the colours on this challenge and, as red is my most favourite colour, it has been a real pleasure to work with.  At first, I thought I may do a layout based on my home and the red colour scheme of my lounge and kitchen, not forgetting the red front door!

However, as I started to put things together for the layout, I changed my mind and decided to create a festive layout themed around the song A place called Home from my favourite Christmas movie "A Christmas Carol the musical". It's actually the first layout I have created for Christmas 2013 so it's been a kick start for me!

The Scheme - I have used all the colours exclusively. The colour scheme definitely lends itself to a Christmas layout, although it's hard not to add green!

Evidence - architectural, transparent, metal, twine, banner, wood, lamp

Testimony - document something about your home, May prompt (giving a gift and receiving a gift), Inspo words: home, comfort

The 12x12 background card is Core'dinations Nostalgia. The festive 6x4 paper pad mounts are Dovecraft. The journalling cards are recycled business cards. The festive wood postcard is from Marks & Spencer (UK). I am particularly pleased that this item matched the colour scheme as I bought it in the January sales with a view to using it for my Xmas crafting! The black card mount is from my stash and I have used acetate over this. The song lyrics are printed from the Internet.

I have used red magic mesh, red eyelets, red & white bakers twine and white Card Candy. The stars are from my stash. The wood reindeer and Xmas tree are from Crafting for Christmas. The Merry Christmas hanger is also from the M&S sale and I have added red Decorative Sealing Wax with the Xmas tree seal and white children's paint. The metal light is from Prima. I have decorated the wood postcard with Rangers white enamel.

I have used  a black fine liner for the journalling and have sprayed over it with Crafter's Companion spray and shine. The edges have been inked with Rangers black Archival ink. I have also used a champagne coloured ink on the journalling cards and Brilliance white archival ink for the stamping. I double inked the edges of the layout in black and white and the same with the banner stamp.

Stamps

The Cottage stamp is a bespoke custom made stamp from Claritystamps
The Christmas words stamp is Penny Black
The banner stamp is Papermania
The mini alphabet stamp set is Hero Arts
Amy Tangerine rotary phrase stamp

I have used double side tape, extra strong double side tape, pva glue, silicone glue and Unibond extreme power glue in addition to the above. I used a WRMK Crop-a-Dile to attach the eyelets.

I am very pleased with the final result of this layout. The CSI challenges are quite a challenge for me but I love it when I think I have solved the case successfully!

I hope you like my layout.

Happy crafting,

Helen xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment