Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Scrap365 magazine May Sketch Challenge - Wondrous Place

Good afternoon, 

Well, I just couldn't resist creating another layout based on the Scrap365 May sketch challenge! There's no stopping me with this one - this is my fourth layout based on this sketch. scrap365.blogspot.co.uk 

The photo was taken at the Billy Fury statue alongside the Albert Dock, Liverpool on my recent visit to the North West.  The photo is a bit rubbish really but I am with Billy and that's all that matters! I love Billy and he is best British rocker, ever!!!

The yellow background card is Core'dinations Reminisce. My favourite card pack ever!! I have also used plain white card and silver mirri card. The musical notes masking tape is Crafts Too. The metal harlequin star is WRMK. The other stars are from my stash.  The paper clip is from a stationery store. The wood bird is from a craft fair.  The metal nautical charms are Card Charms. The coloured brads are from my stash. The "I love Billy" embellishment is a decorated chipboard circle.

The heart stamp is PSX. The mini alpha stamp set is Studio G series 4. The ticket stamp is Papermania Urban Stamps.

I have also used a green Gelly Roll pen, a date stamp, Blazing Red Stazon ink, red Impress dye ink, Midnight Blue Stazon ink, Encore! Ultimate Metallic Gold ink, red glitter glue and Crafter's Companion Gold Spray & Sparkle. I printed the song lyrics from the Internet.

I have included the nautical elements to reflect the seafaring history of Liverpool and it's historic docks, but also to reflect Billy's early line of work on the tug boats. The colour scheme comes from my t-shirt which is the Billy movie "Play It Cool" directed by a young Michael Winner. The stars come from the song lyrics and, of course, Billy will always be a shining star. Wondrous Place is another Billy song.




4 comments:

  1. You just keep on rocking girl!!! Well done, once again :)
    Love that you shared this one too with us at Scrap365!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work. Love your embellishments and the stars look great.
    Thanks for joining in at Scrap365 this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool photos and nice take on our sketch! Thank you for joining Scrap 365 challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And another fabulous layout!! Delighted that we have inspired you so much...I wonder how many entries you will have for June??? LOL Thank you so much for all your support this month Helen, Ali x

    ReplyDelete