Thursday, 24 April 2014

Scrap365 magazine May Sketch Challenge - Don't mess with Texas!

Good afternoon blogland!

Here is my second creation using the May sketch challenge over at scrap365.blogspot.co.uk

You know those holidays that really stand out from all the others? Our trip to Texas in 1998 for the Buddy Holly Festival was one of those holidays!! An amazing holiday and an amazing experience!!! Of course,  since they opened the Buddy Holly Museum in 2000, loads of people have been, but we were the trailblazers!!!

This layout is entitled "Don't Mess with Texas!" as that is kinda their slogan!

This photo was taken on Buddy Holly Avenue! I know, how cool am I?? Actually, I was probably really hot because it was about 100°f when we were there, even in September!!!

The background is 12x12 dark blue card. The postcard came from Texas. The mount for the glasses is artists card. The journaling card is Papermania Happy Days. The silver stars came from my stash. The "Buddy Holly" glasses brooch and cowboy boot earring came from Claire's Accessories. I love using jewellery in my crafting! I buy it in the sale!! The guitar is from Card Charms. The cactus and yellow star are K&Co Rough & Tumble Western grand adhesions. The number stickers are from my peel-offs stash.

I have stamped and embossed the guitar using brown ink and brown embossing powder. The blue wording has been stamped in blue ink using the Studio G mini alphabet stamp set Series 4. All inked edges are in blue or white ink.

Again, I have stayed true to the sketch,  but have turned it around. Very adventurous!

Happy crafting,

Helen xxx


5 comments:

  1. Another stunner Helen! I love the colors here. And it's great to see how you made two pages of the same sketch - both so different and fabulous!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap365, again!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Helen. Thank you so much for joining Scrap 365 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page. You have used the sketch perfectly and a great page to remember some good times. Thanks for joining us this month at Scrap365 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so fab! LOVE those big specs. Thanks for playing along with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic page! love the glasses! thank you for playing along with us at scrap 365!
    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete