Thursday, 24 April 2014

Scrap365 magazine May Sketch Challenge - Beside the Seaside

Good afternoon blogland!

Phew, what a busy month! I always consider the month of April to be my birthday "month". One day just isn't enough!! It sure has been a busy month!

A fabulous friend's fabulous 50th birthday party in London. A road trip to the North West taking in some rock n roll in Preston, Eric Morecambe in Morecambe, Billy Fury and The Beatles in Liverpool and some family time in Derbyshire! A nasty cold bug hit the family so my birthday weekend (Easter) was spent at home on the Isle of Wight (I know, there are worse places!) feeling sorry for myself, but I shall make up for it later on! Luckily, I was up to date with crafting!

I really love the May Sketch challenge over at Scrap365 scrap365mag.com  scrap365.blogspot.co.uk, so much so that I have created three layouts from the sketch! This first one is "Beside the Seaside". I took these lovely photos of my husband and dogs at Yaverland beach on the Isle of Wight. It is a fabulous all year round dog friendly beach and we love going there. I like that my foot can be seen in the photo showing that we are all together on the beach!

The 12x12 glittered background sheet is Dear Lizzy by American Crafts. All the other card is from my stash. The delightful beach postcard is vintage and the Beside the Seaside postcard is from the Seaside! The embellishments are Dress It Up, the mini licence plate is Karen Foster Designs, the word stickers are Bazzill Basics Summer and the gem stickers are Pinflair. The paper clip is from a stationery store. The brads are from my stash. I inked the edges of the postcards and stickers with blue ink. I wanted the delightful vintage postcard to stand out so raised this using foam pads.

This is a fun and colourful layout and I am really pleased with it. It is now framed and on the wall in my little beached themed guest room. It is also quite rare to get a photo of my husband so that is an achievement in itself!

As always, I have stayed true to the sketch.

Keep crafting,

Helen xxx

5 comments:

  1. Loooove that title :) It's fabulous, like the whole page. This is fun, clever and beautiful at the same time. Well done, love it!
    So glad you joined us at Scrap365, thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic use of our sketch! thank you for playing along with us at scrap 365!
    hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous, I love the overlapping photos and the bold phrase. It sounds like you had an amazing month! Thanks for joining in the Scrap365 Sketch challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Scrap365!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done such an amazing job with our sketch this month. So impressive that you have entered three times - all with different layouts and all so fabulous. Thank you SO much xx

    ReplyDelete