Friday, 21 March 2014

Scrap365 magazine April challenge







Good afternoon bloggers!

I have been busy scrapping this "Spring has Sprung" layout using the March sketch challenge in Scrap365 magazine. I don't usually follow challenges but have recently started this type of scrapbooking and there's no stopping me now! When I do a sketch challenge, I do like to stay true to the sketch (otherwise, what's the point?).

The Spring has Sprung background sheet is from the Dear Lizzy set by American Crafts. The badge is Cath Kidston. The tag is Sass Belle. The bone clip is from Morrisons.  The chipboard pieces are Webster's Pages. The floral sheet is Nel Whatmore. The daffodils are Papermania. The heritage letters are from the Lost & Found set by My Mind's Eye. The other items are from my stash.

As always, I like to use some free stuff/older stash on every layout and I always go to my scrap paper stash for mounting photos, etc.

The photo was taken in my garden with the early daffodils in bloom! I always like to photograph the early signs of spring!

Have a good weekend. I'm off to the big smoke to visit my bestie and see a show! I am planning to call in at the Yellow Vintage Fair on the way home on Sunday! I am looking forward to my road trip!

Helen xxx


9 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining Scrap 365 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW-WEE Helen that is the fastest entry ever!!! What a couple of cuties; perfect scrapping subjects :) Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap365 Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page. You used the sketch beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Scrap365 this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the picture there! So cute little dogs <3
    Lovely take on our sketch at Scrap365, thank you so much for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wonderful work!
    thanks for playing along with us at Scrap 365 Blog!
    hugs xxx
    SandraP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute page Helen! Fabulous background paper and such a sweet photo of your phooces! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daffodils are one of my fave flowers.. love your background paper & your cute puppies sitting ready for photo session .. great take on the sketch thanks for playing along at SCRAP365

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen this is such a great interpretation of the sketch challenge and I'm absolutely loving those little jonquil embellies at the top of the design - perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such perfectly gorgeous paper choice for this wonderful Spring page. So lovely to see the sun in the UK again! Hope you had a wonderful time with your 'bestie' and thanks for visiting my blog and leaving some 'love'. xx

    ReplyDelete